Make-Up Work Starting New Testament 2023 Fall Semester
Make-up work is your opportunity to "make up" for learning and studying you missed in your seminary class. In order to make up an absence starting Fall 2023, you will need to complete the specific lesson in the Seminary Student Manual (see list of Manuals below) for the lesson you missed in class.
If you already know which specific lesson you need to make up, then skip to instruction #7.
Here's how you know which lessons you need to make up:
Click on "Class Sessions" on the homepage.
3. Scroll down until you see the calendar. Days in RED or GRAY are days you need to make up. BASICALLY ANYTHING THAT IS NOT GREEN MEANS IT IS AN ABSENCE. AND THE SAME INSTRUCTIONS APPLY.
4. Write down the date of the days you need to make up so you can reference it in the next step.
5. Now click on the LIST icon on the far RH side next to the calendars and switch to "lessons." (See arrow & icon above)
6. On the left hand side, look for the date you missed. Associated with that date there will be the name of the lesson you need to make-up. (For example, if I was absent August 17, the lesson I missed was Romans 7-12)
7. Find the lesson you need to make up in the Student Study Manual (see list below). (For example, if I need to make up the lesson for 1 John 1-5, I will choose the New Testament Student Manual, then I will find the lesson for 1 John 1-5 in that manual.) Please note! Before you start work in the Student Manual - the work you do in the manual MUST be done on the online form. Don't just "do the lesson" in the manual, and put your answers in a notebook or google doc. There are very specific instructions on the online form you need to fill out as you do your make-up work.
8. AGAIN! Before you start work in the Student Manual - START WITH THE ONLINE FORM!! You need to start your make-up work with the online form Self-Guided Lesson in the Seminary Student Manual. As you work through the form, it will ask you to reference the Seminary Student Manual for the lesson missed. (choose the manual from the list above.) When you have completed all the questions on the online form, (Click here to find the form you will fill out. ) you will submit your work electronically.
PLEASE NOTE: This make-up work is designed to help you form a connection and a relationship with the Savior, and to build your knowledge and love of the scriptures. It is not a quick-fix to hurry through so you can get credit. We love you enough to have high expectations for your make-up work. Thank you for genuinely choosing to have an uplifting spiritual experience as you complete your make-up work. :)
These Journal Icons indicate which questions you answer in your journal.
Example of Finding & Completing Make-Up Work: Let's say I know I have make-up work to do this semester, but I don't know which days I missed, or what work I have to do. I will start by logging in to MySeminary.churchofjesuschrist.org. After I click on "Class Sessions" I see that I was absent on Tuesday, September 19, because it is highlighted in red. I'll change the view from "Calendar" to "List and Schedule" and scroll down to September 19. On that day, the lesson was 2 Corinthians 11-12. Now I'll go to the Seminary Student Manual and find the lesson for 2 Corinthians 11-12.
BEFORE I start working through the questions in the Seminary Student Manual, I will go to the ONLINE form for make-up work. I will start my assignment by working through the questions on the online form, which will have me reference my scriptures and the Seminary Student Manual. Once I have answered all questions on the form, I will submit mmy answers electronically.
For PREVIOUS years make-up work - NOT your current seminary semester, you can choose from the options below. Each option counts as ONE day of missed seminary attendance:
Note: Some options can only be used once, other options can be used several times.